In 2013, Pablo Towers made the final payment to HUD on the 40-year facility construction loan. With the mortgage paid and available funds remaining, construction began at the site of the original community room, which would develop into a three-story building with a commercial kitchen, offices and 15 new market-rate apartments. In 2015, the addition became The Suites at Pablo Towers.
Residents have access to the activity room, which is available for social, cultural, recreational and meeting purposes. The meeting room seats over 160 guests, has a raised stage suitable for speakers and events, and offers a board room, kitchen, restrooms and access to The Pablo Café, serving lunch Monday-Friday from 11:00a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Activities presently include holiday parties, weekly devotions, monthly birthday parties, exercise classes, art classes, bingo and much more.
The Suites at Pablo Towers does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, family status or national origin.
To qualify for a suite at The Suites at Pablo Towers, you must be single and over 62 years of age, a married couple with at least one spouse over 62 years of age, or two people with at least one person over 62 years of age. There are 15 available suites in this building newly constructed in 2015—eight one-bedroom suites and seven studio suites. One suite is totally accessible for the disabled.
Rents range from $800 to $900 per month. No HUD subsidy is available for these suites. The first month’s rent and security deposit must be paid in advance. Security deposits are equal to one month’s rent. Rent includes: electricity, water, heat and air conditioning, refrigerator and microwave.
Applications can be requested in person, by phone (904) 249-3866 (1.800.955.8771 /TTY), e-mail or U. S. mail. However, due to certain regulations, applications must be numbered and dated and cannot be sent via e-mail. Therefore, please include your address when requesting an application. Return completed applications via U.S. mail to Pablo Towers, 115 South Third Street, Jacksonville Beach, Florida 32250. ALL applications for residency will be placed on a waiting list and open units will be assigned based on listed preferences and date the application was received. Applications are subject to penalties for false or fraudulent statements according to Title 18, Section 1001 of the U.S. Code.
Due to high volume, ALL applications for residency will be placed on a waiting list and open units will be assigned based on listed preferences and date the application was received.
- Newly constructed in 2015
- Pablo Café serving lunches five (5) days a week
- Smoke-free building
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- All utilities except cable and telephone included in rental fee
- Laundry facilities available on 2nd floor
- Waste chutes on each floor
- Centrally located self-service elevators
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
- Close to shopping, dining, churches and medical facilities
- Pets under 25 pounds allowed with deposit and shot records
- Service Coordinator to help identify local services for residents
- Resident Council to act as liaison between residents and staff
- Auxiliary to plan social events for residents
- Library with computers available for resident use
- Beauty shop