Since 2002, Pablo Hamlet in Jacksonville Beach has provided quality, affordable housing in a compassionate atmosphere for lower income senior citizens.
Yearly activities presently include holiday parties, weekly devotions, monthly birthday parties, bread giveaway, exercise classes, art class, line dancing and bingo.
Pablo Hamlet does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, family status or national origin.
To qualify for an apartment at Pablo Hamlet, the head of household or spouse must be at least 62 years of age or must be over the age of 18 and disabled. Ten percent of our units are set aside for the disabled. Pablo Hamlet allows no more than two residents to occupy a bedroom.
Individual rents are based on each resident’s annual adjusted income (which must be within the limitations established by the Federal Government) and will be subsidized through the Housing Assistance Payment program. Additional adjustments will be made to reflect the changes in median family income of Duval County, as well as to cover provable medical expenses and other allowances. Pablo Hamlet employees are neither licensed nor trained to give meal service, physical or medical care.
Applications can be requested in person, by phone (904) 241-5207, e-mail or U. S. mail. However, due to certain regulations, applications must be numbered and dated and cannot be sent via e-mail. Therefore, please include your address when requesting an application. Return completed applications via U.S. mail to Pablo Hamlet, 1600 Shetter Avenue, Jacksonville Beach, Florida 32250. ALL applications for residency will be placed on a waiting list and open units will be assigned based on listed preferences and date the application was received. Applications are subject to penalties for false or fraudulent statements according to Title 18, Section 1001 of the U.S. Code.
Due to high volume, ALL applications for residency will be placed on a waiting list and open units will be assigned based on listed preferences and date the application was received.
- Spacious one and two bedroom apartments
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- All electrical kitchens
- Ample closet space
- Cable TV and telephone ready
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Elevator in each building
- Convenient, well lit parking
- Resident utility allowance
- Emergency call systems
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
- Scheduled Dial-a-Ride transportation
- Two blocks from the city bus line
- Quiet, parklike setting with walking trails
- Resident sponsored social events and classes
- Service Coordinator to help identify local services for residents
- Close to shopping, churches, medical facilities and the beach